Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAC not able to sound my speaker. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your DAC is not corrected correctly, according to its datasheet.
1) The reference voltage input should go to pin 8 (not 11),
2) The output should go from pin 11 (not 8) directly (not via a cap) to the opamp inverting input,
3) The non-inverting input of the opamp should be grounded (at least to AC),
4) There should be a feedback connection from the opamp output to pin 9 of the DAC.

I did not attend your class so I don't know how you converted the audio to data. I also don't know your sample rate.
Google says that a RAW file is many pixels for a camera image before it is converted to a Jpeg or video file, not a digital audio file.

May i know what is there any different between these two connections as below, (for LM 386)
a. The pin 2(inverting input) is connected to ground
b. The pin 2(inverting input) is connected to the pin 5(output)
Thanks.

May i know what is there any different between these two connections as below, (for LM 386)
a. The pin 2(inverting input) is connected to ground
b. The pin 2(inverting input) is connected to the pin 5(output)

Why don't you look at the datasheet for the LM386?
All of the many schematics show pin 2 connected to ground.
The applications section says that it has a gain of 20 and its minimum allowed gain is 10 so pin 2 can NEVER be connected to the output because then the gain will be only 1 and it will oscillate at a high frequency and get hot, and the inputs will be overloaded and the output level will be very low.

The datasheet for the DAC shows an opamp that you do not have. The LM386 is a little power amplifier with built-in negative feedback, not an opamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back