Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAC accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ald

I've run an experiment on an active filter. I am using the NI Elvis prototyping board. The frequency response is taken with the NI Bode analyzer and I saved the output data in a text file. The Bode analyzer amplitude spec is give as 12 or 16 bits, how do I calculate the amplitude error using the 12 bit accuracy spec? The measurements are in dB.

The theoretical S/N ratio of a perfect converter with a random input and Q bits of resolution is approx. 6.0206Q dB. Thus for 12 bits, the S/N ratio is 72.2dB (the quantizing noise is -72.2dB below full scale),

This thread would have been way cooler if it had been called DACcuracy.

That's all I had to add. crutschow gave away the answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back