Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

D102GGC2 Motherboard and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear buddies,

I recently bought a PC with Intel P D processer and D102GGC2 motherboard. I have 512MB ddr2 RAM, but my PC shows only 448MB. Why is this? Could any one kindly solve my dought?
I asked the vender. He says the chipset shares the ram space???

Shashilostinproj said:
Dear buddies,

I recently bought a PC with Intel P D processer and D102GGC2 motherboard. I have 512MB ddr2 RAM, but my PC shows only 448MB. Why is this? Could any one kindly solve my dought?

So why not listen to the vendor?. It's fairly common for the motherboard to use some of the RAM.

hi,

Remember that in your PC, the 'operating' system is always running in the
'background' and it needs make use of some of the system ram, so its not available for 'your' programs.

EricG

Shashilostinproj said:
Dear buddies,

bec. your motherboard has a built-in video which is 64mb. thats it!

Shashilostinproj said:
Dear buddies,

As your vendor said your ATI Express 200 video card is taking 64MB of RAM for its use. You can however change it to 32MB through bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back