Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

D flip flop not stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAI_siraseth

hi everyone I'm new in here nice to meet you ; D

I design to use D flip flop to switch on - off lamp by using cd4013 > moc3020 >Triac (bta16)>lamp

schematic
sketch1450504139863_Fotor.png

problem is

-when turn on main switch the output 1 was high ( some time )
-when the turn off relay comeback to nc output 1 was high ( mostly )
*** I don't connect to load yet just only cd4013**

I solved by using R+C+diode to soft start supply

but

when i connect to load ( optocoupler+triac+lamp) that problem comeback again

how to solve this plesae help me : (

hi PAI,
If you want to SET, /Q at power On, use a resistor/capacitor connected to the +V line , to control the Reset pin of the 4013.

Is that what you mean.?

E

From your description it is not clear how the circuit is supposed to operate.
What is the function of Out1?
What is the function of Out2?
How much current is Out2 supplying to its load?

The 4013 is not guaranteed always to start up in a known state. As eric said, an R-C network on either the Set or Reset inputs will force the device into one state or the other every time the circuit powers up.

Current for the Out2 output comes through the same resistor that powers the chip. This probably is the source of some of your random action.

If the intent of the circuit is simply to have one ON button and one OFF button, then you do not need the clock or D inputs. Everything can be dome with the Set and Reset inputs:
Connect both the D and Clock inputs directly to ground.
Connect the Set input to the Start button.
Connect a 0.1 uF capacitor from the Reset input to Vdd.
Connect the emitter of the Out2 transistor directly to the output of the Turnoff relay.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back