Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cut hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
In tech this morning cutting out stencils with a scalpel, my mate next to me is a bit of Div and slips with his scalpel straight into the side of my hand! So I sit stunned with a scalpel sticking out the side of my hand and the idiot pulls it out! BLOOD all over the place untill the vein seals itself, girl behind is sick, teacher shouts and screams for help (nice one Mrs Hern, nice one). Trip to A&E and when I get back to school detention next week for messing about!!
Some days trouble just finds you :meh::grumpy:.

This just in from our roving reporter

monty python flesh wound.jpg

More annoyed at getting detention for doing nothing wrong!! Hand is sore though with 6 stitches in it, not sure all the panic and shouting was needed but the teacher is a bit like that :D

More annoyed at getting detention for doing nothing wrong!! Hand is sore though with 6 stitches in it, not sure all the panic and shouting was needed but the teacher is a bit like that :D

Tell me they at least gave you an opportunity to speak up for yourself....?

I got thrown out of a Chemistry lesson for "eating in class" - I was actually spitting sodium hydroxide out of my mouth, after sucking too hard on a pipette :p

However, the teacher (Arnie Shooter - I still remember his name after all these years) didn't like me :D

:wideyed: Erm no I would have been given a worse punishment with Hermit Hern!:wideyed: Still I got to get rid of her for the day, she had to go home to recover:rolleyes:. A bit of a delicate flower is Mrs Hern, she stood in for the biology class last year when we did frog dissection. I didnt think you could fill a waste paper bin with puke :woot:, even more impressive when done in under 4 mins.lol

The same kid was kicked out of our equivalent of metal work last year, he left a chuck key in the lathe chuck and switched it on. Not what you call the sharpest tool in the box by a long way, he likes to sit next to me:confused:. Tech classes are a real adrenaline rush lol

In tech this morning cutting out stencils with a scalpel,
I didn't think that schools had anything sharper than an old wooden spoon these days, to prevent life changing disasters such as this.

my mate next to me is a bit of Div and slips with his scalpel straight into the side of my hand!
How close were you to this "div"?
If he is such a dispractic little dipstick with a scalpel, why were you so close to him?

JimB

That does not seem fair at all, You should demand justice.

I didn't think that schools had anything sharper than an old wooden spoon these days, to prevent life changing disasters such as this.

How close were you to this "div"?
If he is such a dispractic little dipstick with a scalpel, why were you so close to him?

JimB
Three person bench with four on! Had he been using the scapel properly instead of stabbing and slashing it might have been avoided, I am guilty in as much as I was concentrating on my stencil so wasnt really aware of what he was doing. We have limited mats etc so all tools are kept on the front bench as they get nicked otherwise, thats why everyone is cramped up when using hand tools. 27 in my class and 6 scalpels at any one time are out, 2 dremel tools and only one micro air sand blaster.

Even when I take my own tools in we have to used one the front benches because of the idiots, they try to be good with safety but most the people in my class hate tech and mess about, the worst lessons are electronics. I am one of two pupils who actually like electronics, the rest find it boring and cant sit still with there mouths shut for more than 2 mins.
Its probably going to be a big factor in deciding if I goto the uni school early. I am considered odd because I enjoy tech and similar subjects

You should have taken a picture. I always take pictures of flesh wounds. You can never have too much documentation of your injuries.

This little pic here from a couple weeks ago will go a long way toward supporting my Workman's Comp claim (it's a workplace related injury):
12654123_10153853416176192_1867450763096803201_n.jpg

Take a pic of the wound and get it placed on a T-shirt and wear it to the next class. Too bad you don't have a pic with all of the blood for the shirt.

Those office jobs are tough in Houston. Did some crazed employee grab the stapler to assault you?
No it's not like that. My employer failed to post a warning on my stapler that: 1) I doesn't open up so you can staple Demotivators on your office wall, and 2) that if you insert your hand between the halves and pull outward (as if to open it), it will eject a staple into your finger.

So through no fault of my own, I was injured by this device and my Demotivator poster remains unhung.

I might take pics of my shirt if it dosnt get washed before tomorrow, I will go on a camera hunt, the side has swollen up a bit and is making it hard to solder etc. Starting to sting alot, blood dosnt bother me but I was slow in reacting and it had been pulled out before I said anything. To be honest I just kind of sat there for what seemed ages looking at it trying to work out what had happened! The other thought going through my mind was the fact I had 15 mins left to finish my stencil and I wasnt going to get it down now lol.

I wanted a full day in school today as well, so a bit upset they had to send me because of stupid rules. I have to go in tomorrow and explain to the principle what happened, I dont really know what happened, as daft as it sounds it happened before I really knew what was going on.

I have to go in tomorrow and explain to the principle what happened

Definitely do that. Giving you detention because of the stupidity of another student is not okay.

Three person bench with four on! Had he been using the scapel properly instead of stabbing and slashing it might have been avoided, I am guilty in as much as I was concentrating on my stencil so wasnt really aware of what he was doing. We have limited mats etc so all tools are kept on the front bench as they get nicked otherwise, thats why everyone is cramped up when using hand tools. 27 in my class and 6 scalpels at any one time are out, 2 dremel tools and only one micro air sand blaster.

Even when I take my own tools in we have to used one the front benches because of the idiots, they try to be good with safety but most the people in my class hate tech and mess about, the worst lessons are electronics. I am one of two pupils who actually like electronics, the rest find it boring and cant sit still with there mouths shut for more than 2 mins.
Its probably going to be a big factor in deciding if I goto the uni school early. I am considered odd because I enjoy tech and similar subjects
That's why we like you!

I might take pics of my shirt if it dosnt get washed before tomorrow, I will go on a camera hunt, the side has swollen up a bit and is making it hard to solder etc. Starting to sting alot, blood dosnt bother me but I was slow in reacting and it had been pulled out before I said anything. To be honest I just kind of sat there for what seemed ages looking at it trying to work out what had happened! The other thought going through my mind was the fact I had 15 mins left to finish my stencil and I wasnt going to get it down now lol.

I wanted a full day in school today as well, so a bit upset they had to send me because of stupid rules. I have to go in tomorrow and explain to the principle what happened, I dont really know what happened, as daft as it sounds it happened before I really knew what was going on.
Sorry but the way you describe this whole thing is funny. I hope you heal quick and do not get punished for anything.

Funny :confused: dosnt feel too funny tonight :D bloody hurts, I thought a knife like that is meant to cut without hurting! Might as well use rusty razor blades!

Funny :confused: dosnt feel too funny tonight :D bloody hurts, I thought a knife like that is meant to cut without hurting! Might as well use rusty razor blades!
Welcome to the world of deep wounds :arghh:. Stupid things take way too long to get used to...

You need a lawyer. I can't believe you got slammed for it.. (although I've been falsely accused as well - and it do suck mightily).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back