Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom Joystick

Status
Not open for further replies.

asorensen

I was wanting to make my own USB joystick, no Force feedback effect, but what kind of parts would I need, I'd like at least 7 buttons but alot of buttons would be nice, something that's flexible (as in easy to program) even if involves writing my own software for it. any help would be nice thanks
;)

While I can't fault you for having the desire and interest in such a challenge, any more these days it's so much easier to buy the device as mentioned. That is unless you derive a certain kind of personal satisfaction from inventing and learning along the way. Nothing wrong with that... that's how technology advances along the way.

Go inquire at a video arcade supplier or arcade store... often they have used joysticks lying around. You have the basic mechanical device as a foundation to build from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back