Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom IR to RF and RF to IR... Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcloninger

Hello, I have a need that I hope someone can help me with. I have a video business and am in need of some custom electronics. Basically, here's what I need to accomplish:

The equipment to be in place:
Video Camera w/remote control capabilies (IR)
Tripod w/motorized pan/tilt head (IR)

I wish to control both the tripod head AND the camera's zoom functions remotely from a max distance of about 150 feet. I want to attach a video transmitter to the camera and receiver from the "control booth".

So...
What's needed? 2 devices, each one will accept the IR from the remote and convert that to RF then a SMALL receiver that will convert the RF back to IR to place infront of the sensors. The devices need to operate on DC current ( 9 volt battery???) and can last for atleast 2 hours before batteries run down. I also need each transmitter and receiver to be able to run on separate frequencies or channels as I really need a total of 4 sets. Will be controlling 2 cameras & tripod heads remotely. So, in essence, 4 transmitters and 4 receivers with atleast 4 seperate selectable frequencies.

Things to consider, the video transmitter will be operating on about 914 mhz (I may purchase some that operate on UHF channels though) so these need to run higher. I use wireless microphones that operate on 803 and 804 mhz. Plus I want to avoid the ghz band all together because of too much "home" devices (computers, phones, etc.) and those high frequencies don't penetrate people and barriers too well.

I know there are products already on the market that does this, with the exception of selectable frequencies. I need to control EACH independantly.

If there is anyone out there that can seriously build this, please contact me via email or responding to this post and we can discuss further details.

Thank you!

Email: j.cloninger@jcdv.com

So what you want is an RF signal from 150, converted to IR, then fed into the IR sensor on your camera, right?

If you have the IR remote control that came with the camera, that could be used to convert the RF signals into IR. It would make things SOOOO much simpler.

If you don't have the IR remote control, it makes things MUCH more complicated because you have to make an IR remote control, which can be done, but it would be so much simpler to use the existing remote.

I want to use the original IR remote for the camera from the "control room" send that via RF to the RF receiver, then convert that back to IR to feed to the camera sensor.

No need for making a remote, just converting IR to RF then back to IR at the remote location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back