Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom IR Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhauxwell

Hi,

Ive tried searching the forums but havent really found anything.....

I have a domestic remote control for a peice of kit. I need to generate 4 of the IR codes to trigger the device from buttons but i dont want to destroy the remote i have.

Has anyone come across a circuit whereby it can 'learn' and store a number of codes from an existing remote and then be trigger that code from the relevent input? i.e. pressing button 1 sends a particular code, pressing 2 sends a different one.....

I am no electronics genius so i hope that someone out there can help.

Cheers,
Joel.

jhauxwell said:
Hi,

Ive tried searching the forums but havent really found anything.....

I have a domestic remote control for a peice of kit. I need to generate 4 of the IR codes to trigger the device from buttons but i dont want to destroy the remote i have.

Has anyone come across a circuit whereby it can 'learn' and store a number of codes from an existing remote and then be trigger that code from the relevent input? i.e. pressing button 1 sends a particular code, pressing 2 sends a different one.....

You can buy learning remotes, I suspect that's probably your best option?.

Or, analyse the codes and program a PIC to duplicate it, it's quite simple to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back