Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current waveform to 3 phase inverter driving BLDC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

The following shows flat topped current pulses flowing to the 3 phase inverter from the DC link capacitor...
**broken link removed**

...why are they flat topped?, i would have thought that they would be rising in current , (ie trapezoidal shaped current pulses) since di = (V.dt)/L.
After all, if you put a voltage across an inductor, (in this case each motor phase inductance in turn), the current rises linearly

If you and I are looking at the same graph:

Maybe, for that particular example, they're limiting the V (starting at 1/3 of PW duration and thereby limiting the I), as suggested in the text, and did not include that waveform in the graph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back