Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagedown

Anyone heard of a current transformer able to measure below 1A? I've been searching for 0-10A range but only manage to find 1-10A, nothing below that.

Anyone heard of a current transformer able to measure below 1A? I've been searching for 0-10A range but only manage to find 1-10A, nothing below that.
The current transformer should measure down to zero current. Don't know why it says 1-10A.

If you are converting the AC from the transformer to DC for measurement then you may need to use an op amp configured as a precision rectifier to maintain linearity below 1A.

AC current 0-10A 240V single phase. I need a sensitivity of 5mV/5mA.

1 ohm resistor can do this sensitivity needs to have a wattage of 100W while the current transformers at my place here are not practical in my applications. I'm stucked.

I have some CoilCraft CS60-010 transformers.
At 10A they read about 10% low.
At 3A 0% off.
At 1A +10% off.
This is because of the resistance of the very small wire in the transformer.
I think the 1A rating is only because of the +10% error. I need to think about it, or try one, but my first thought is that it will be +20% at 0.01A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back