Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

steaky

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there can help me.
I am looking for a current transformer that takes 220/240V max 32Amp, so I can connect to an MCP3909.

Many thanks,
Steaky

Have you Googled current transformers?

Crutschow,

I have googled current transformer, current transformer pcb, current transformer wound pcb, current transformer hall effect etc etc etc.

The one problem is that you cant ask google the question "can you recommend a current transformer that will work on UK mains voltage to a max current of 32Amps, and output a proportional voltage with max amplitude of 5V?"
An electronics forum on the other hand....

You are likely looking for a CT **broken link removed** They come in a variety of mounting designs and ranges. Generally the lowest range being 50:5 meaning 50 amps is 5 amps out.

Generally speaking a CT doesn't care about the voltage. I use the current transformers in the link on 120, 240, 480 VAC (all the same to the CT). The same is also true for the current frequency (50 or 60 Hz.).

I suggest you read the link and get an understanding of what a CT is all about and how they work. There have also been a number of CT discussions in these forums over the past year that may prove useful to you.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back