Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

aiva

It is known, current sources may be with grounded or not grounded load. Does anybody know what kind of circuit is better :?:
Thanks In Advance.

aiva said:
It is known, current sources may be with grounded or not grounded load. Does anybody know what kind of circuit is better :?:
Thanks In Advance.

Your question is completely meaningless - it's far too vague for an answer. You need to ask specific questions!.

OK, I'll try (excuse me for my English)

As I can see from Tietze&Schenk there are two common principles for current source building.
Grounded load (Fig. 1) and not grounded load (fig. 2).

I have to make a proved choice from one of these shems for supplying the temperature sensor on long line. But I can't see any criterion for choosing. Is it here or these diagrams are equivalent in meaning of current accuracy?

I dont think that there are any great advantages to either scheme.

In industrial instrumentation, where 4 to 20mA current loops are used, you will find both types.

But beware, the load and source must be compatible with each other, often the source and the load will not work together without an isolating amplifier or converter of some kind.

JimB

aiva said:
OK, I'll try (excuse me for my English)

As I can see from Tietze&Schenk there are two common principles for current source building.
Grounded load (Fig. 1) and not grounded load (fig. 2).

I have to make a proved choice from one of these shems for supplying the temperature sensor on long line. But I can't see any criterion for choosing. Is it here or these diagrams are equivalent in meaning of current accuracy?
I can't view your attachment.

Repeating of attachment

Attachments

• c_source2_159.jpg
    c_source2_159.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 363
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back