Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoMan1

I'm using the RS 304 267 hall effect current sensor, inputting the voltage output of it into an A2D converter.
The A2D converter uses a reference voltage to determine the smallest voltage change required to result in a change of 1 bit of the output. The A2DC outputs 8 bits and therefore the reference voltage is divided by 256 to determine the smallest input voltage change that results in a change in bit output. A display then uses these 8 bits to display a value.
The data sheet for the RS 304 267 shows a relationship between Gauss(which it uses as 'input') and voltage(output). This is tricky to use since I want to use the bits that is the output of the A2DC to display current. This means i have to find a relationship between gauss and current so i know what current corresponds to the output voltage. Is there any way to use this same current sensor so i know what current corresponds to the voltage being outputted? Or perhaps, another current sensor that actually takes current as an input? I would prefer an arrangement that takes an input current and gives an output voltage depending on the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back