Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Sensor > Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

H!,
I was thinking about an automatic switch to switch-off the DTH Set-top Box(RECEIVER), when i switch the TV off. The point here is that the receiver uses 50W of electricity, and it'll be ON all the time. So i need to design a Current Sensing Device that automatically switches ON/OFF the receiver based on TV.

The TV is operated by a remote.

What sort of switch/sensor can i use. Any Idea?

Be aware that some receivers can have a significant boot time after power interuption. Have you checked that time?

Be aware that some receivers can have a significant boot time after power interuption. Have you checked that time?

yep, that time is okay, it boots-up withing 1/2 a minute.

@4pyros
IMG]http://static.electro-tech-online.com/imgcache/11154-bits-b0006pudqk-1-lg.jpg[/IMG
Hi, that is nice. But wats inside that?, how that works? Moreover, i want to make it on my own.

Last edited:
@pyros
**broken link removed**

It's well and good if i get it here. Any common name for the device?
And the above image shows whats inside it. I feel better buying one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back