Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current and Voltage Amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

udeikechi

Hello guys, I'm a newbie here. Hope you guys have accepted me.

Please I have this question to ask.

Is there a way I can amplifier my voltage and still have my current amplified?

what voltage/current do you start with? what voltage current do you want output?

ac or dc?

I'm only interest to know if it's possible to amplify the two of them (Voltage/Current) and a possible means. Input is in DC. The output might be AC or DC

In general, a transistor will do that, but need more specifics if you want a design.

P=VI

V1 I1 = V2 I2

sounds like you don't want to amplify at all, you can change them both but cannot ever exceed your power supply input

You are making sense doggy.

crutschow are u trying to say there is a design that can amplify the two of them same time? How will the design look like if we assume the voltage is 500mV and the current 0.01mA in DC.

You are making sense doggy.

crutschow are u trying to say there is a design that can amplify the two of them same time? How will the design look like if we assume the voltage is 500mV and the current 0.01mA in DC.
If that is your only source of power, then as doggy says, you can't get more power out then in. In that case the answer is no, you can't increase both current and voltage, since that increases the power. Except for the overunity folks, that's impossible.

What do you mean by overunity folks?
The people who believe they can generate free energy, or more energy out of a machine then they put in. It's a variation of perpetual motion. Basic physical laws states it's not possible but they continue to believe.

If that is your only source of power, then as doggy says, you can't get more power out then in. In that case the answer is no, you can't increase both current and voltage, since that increases the power. Except for the overunity folks, that's impossible.

What if I have about 20 different sources, each producing equal power (500mV and 0.01mA). Are there measures I can take to achieve one source with voltage above 20V and current above 0.5mA. Can batteries come in?

20*(0.5V*1e-5A) = 1e-4 Watts

20V*5e-4A = 1e-3 Watts = 10e-4 Watts

Where does the other 9e-4 Watts come from?

Last edited:
Yes, it's true output=input

But it's there a way I can accumulate the charges with time. Causing the supply inconsistence but more powerful when available?

Only by utilizing a battery. Ignoring charge/discharge losses, Amp*Hours In = Amp*Hours Out.

For Example, a battery delivers 100A for 1 min. That is 100A*1/60H = 1.667AH.

How long would it take a 100mA Solar Panel to replace the lost charge?

1.666AH/0.1A = 16.67 H, ignoring losses. In the real world it would take ~ 20H of bright sun...

you can charge over time, then instantaneously discharge, that's what a capacitor is for, but remember pin=pout,

so Pin *t = Pout*t
or VIin *t = VIout *t

i think what you want is similar to this beam-bot driver, solar here charges cap, when its full it discharges and spins the motor a few steps

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back