Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiyu

Hi! i would like to know how to design a current amplifier with the following requirements:

bandwidth: 1 MHz
gain: 1000
low input impedance
high output impedance
input voltage without signal 0V
minimum input current signal 1 pA
maximum input current signal 100 nA

using bjt, mosfet, resistances and capacitors.
Thank you!

i think you have done mistake in writing impedances.input should be very high and output should be very low to avoid loading effect.
taking your gain into account you should go for the darlington pair amplifier. even you would get a good bandwidth with it.

i think you have done mistake in writing impedances.input should be very high and output should be very low to avoid loading effect...

No, that would describe a voltage amplifier. An ideal current amplifier presents a short to its source, and has and infinite output impedance.

Last edited:
Those characteristics are very difficult to meet without an op amp in the loop.

Are op amps allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back