Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrik

Hi there. i got a issue here with a propotional valve which has a 0-20V analoge control signal. The problem is that my analoge output on the PLC doesent give enough current to the valve.
So i need something to boost up the current from my PLC to the valve. the input signal from the PLC to the "amplifier" could be annything, 0-10v, 4-20mA, 0-20v etc..
anny solutions?

Last edited:
Hi there. i got a issue here with a propotional valve which has a 0-20V analoge control signal. The problem is that my analoge output on the PLC doesent give enough current to the valve.
So i need something to boost up the current from my PLC to the valve. the input signal from the PLC to the "amplifier" could be annything, 0-10v, 4-20mA, 0-20v etc..
anny solutions?

hi,
Whats the specification of the valve, ie: volts, amps or resistance etc.??

hi, I'm not so good at op-amp stuff, sorry. But what kind of analog input signal must i have to get an 0-20V signal out with enough amp.

hi, I'm not so good at op-amp stuff, sorry. But what kind of analog input signal must i have to get an 0-20V signal out with enough amp.

hi,
If you look at the typical OPA circuit on the d/sheet, its shows an NON inverting configuration with a Gain of = 1 + [20k/1k] ie: 21

You also want a NON inverting config with say a Gain of 2, thats 1+ [1k/1k],,, you would use a 100K pot on the non inverting input signal so that could adjust the OPA output to give 22V at 1amp for a 20Vdc input signal... OK.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back