Current amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrik

Hi there. i got a issue here with a propotional valve which has a 0-20V analoge control signal. The problem is that my analoge output on the PLC doesent give enough current to the valve.
So i need something to boost up the current from my PLC to the valve. the input signal from the PLC to the "amplifier" could be annything, 0-10v, 4-20mA, 0-20v etc..
anny solutions?

Last edited:

hi,
Whats the specification of the valve, ie: volts, amps or resistance etc.??

hi, I'm not so good at op-amp stuff, sorry. But what kind of analog input signal must i have to get an 0-20V signal out with enough amp.

hi, I'm not so good at op-amp stuff, sorry. But what kind of analog input signal must i have to get an 0-20V signal out with enough amp.

hi,
If you look at the typical OPA circuit on the d/sheet, its shows an NON inverting configuration with a Gain of = 1 + [20k/1k] ie: 21

You also want a NON inverting config with say a Gain of 2, thats 1+ [1k/1k],,, you would use a 100K pot on the non inverting input signal so that could adjust the OPA output to give 22V at 1amp for a 20Vdc input signal... OK.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…