Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cuba Destinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

I plan a trip to Cuba ( my 4th time ) and need your opinion on a destination. To start off, I am not a resort type of person, I need activities such as SCUBA, sky diving, motor boats, scooter rentals, dune buggy rentals, jeep rental, air boat ride, etc. I was in a resort once that had non of that so I wanted to go home after 2 days. Please recommend resort names from your experiences based on the criteria mentioned.

-Thanks

Sadly, you may find propane gas tanks as scuba tanks, filled at a tire repair place; no speedboats to pull air rides or skiing (they could flee to Miami) ; bicycles instead of scooters, hardly a Niva jeep held together with band-aids, gum and wire. Dune buggys... I doubt the have ever seen one.
Check what travel agencies sites advertise.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=es#...&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=5597f4115f29a09b

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Well, not getting drunk and riding a motorbike would be a good idea. :rolleyes:

Hero, I have to disagree! But, why go to this small place for a fourth time when there is such a big world out there? E

Hero, I have to disagree! But, why go to this small place for a fourth time when there is such a big world out there? E

Because it's $750 (including taxes) in June for two weeks all-inclusive :p

Because it's $750 (including taxes) in June for two weeks all-inclusive :p
So, now we get to the root of the problem.
Our AK47 toting snowman wants to spend his holidays on this island bastion of communism because it is cheap.
Why is it cheap? Probably because no one wants to go there.
Why does no one want to go there? Probably because the place is a bit lacking in all the fun things such as:
SCUBA, sky diving, motor boats, scooter rentals, dune buggy rentals, jeep rental, air boat ride

Am I an expert in this area? No.
Have I ever visited Cuba? No.
Can I put 2 and 2 together and get a close approximation to 4? Yes.
Have I ever had a holiday that I thought was bad? Yes.
Why was the holiday bad? Because it was too cheep to be good.

JimB

So, now we get to the root of the problem.
Our AK47 toting snowman wants to spend his holidays on this island bastion of communism because it is cheap.
It's hardly surprising going from his signature. :D

Last edited:
He spent all his money on his top-quality SCUBA gear, and don't have enough left over for a proper vacation :D Just hitch a ride to the Keys. You can probably scrape by pretty cheaply there. Better hurry before the oil slick gets there.

Hero, I have to disagree!
What do you mean?

You disagree with my advice about not riding a motorcycle in Cuba drunk?

Are you crazy?

But, why go to this small place for a fourth time when there is such a big world out there? E

I wouldn't mind going to Cuba, I'm sure there are worse places to go.

He spent all his money on his top-quality SCUBA gear, and don't have enough left over for a proper vacation :D Just hitch a ride to the Keys. You can probably scrape by pretty cheaply there. Better hurry before the oil slick gets there.[/

Yes but at least I get to show off my pimping equipment to all the locals and their cattle XD

I can afford a much pricier vacation right now, the problem is with my poor friends that can only afford about $1000 total. And I really don't want to go alone this time....

Last edited:
What do you mean?

You disagree with my advice about not riding a motorcycle in Cuba drunk?

Are you crazy?

I wouldn't mind going to Cuba, I'm sure there are worse places to go.

I disagree with your advice about riding a motorcycle sober, I mean who the hell does that in Cuba ?
You are more likely to be pulled over in Cuba for driving sober than you would under the influence XD

Why was the holiday bad? Because it was too cheep to be good.
JimB

Well it's cheap right now due to low season because most people take vacations around December, X-MAS time. Cuba is a pricy place to go, their local pesso is worth $1.30 Canadian so you end up spending a lot of money there (my last trip I spent $1700 on practically nothing but tips and souvenirs add $1600 for the trip and that's a total of $3300 for a two week vacation in Varadero). A 4 star resort around December will cost you anywhere from $1400-$1800 per week. Dominican republic on the other hand, has more expensive booking but, one CAD is worth 35 Dominican pesos so you end up spending a lot less. However in Dominican, you cannot go walking around in the city alone (you will be robbed, beaten, and stabbed). So Cuba remains my fav place due to its safety over Mexico and Dominican Republic.

I once spent a week in Cabo San Lucas. The diving was spectacular. Also when boating, whale watching and para-sailing. I could walk around any time of the night, the cops were always watching out. I could also get dinner any time day or night; the resturants never closed. It was cheap too. I probably spend less that 500 bucks for everything.

I once spent a week in Cabo San Lucas. The diving was spectacular. Also when boating, whale watching and para-sailing. I could walk around any time of the night, the cops were always watching out. I could also get dinner any time day or night; the resturants never closed. It was cheap too. I probably spend less that 500 bucks for everything.

Nice thanks for the suggestion, My next vacation will be Mexico so maybe I will pay Cabo San Lucas a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back