Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cs1,cs2 in 64 *128 LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navid

hello
i know only that cs1 and cs2 are chip select pins how can i work bye cs1 and cs2 pin in graphicall LCD
Thank You

Are you saying that you have two lcd displays?

Hello, we need to know the part number. It may indeed be that the LCD is split into two parts, each with a separate controller, it is more likely, however, that there are two chip select pins, and that each needs to be set to a specific logic level to acces the LCD controller. Sometimes one needs to be high and the other needs to be low, this gives the circuit designer a degree of choice, he(she) can use the chip select polarity that suits the chosen host controller, and tie the remaining chip select to the appropriate level. If you have a pin-out list for the device, it may be that one of the pins is shown as /cs1 or /cs2. You will probably already know that this indicates an active low pin.

Check Elektor magazine

I recall Elektor magazine running a two issues article on graphics LCDs.

Most probably within last two years and yes, there were two controllers.

Sorry but I don't rememeber details

Agustín Tomás

Probably...

If a graphic display 162x64, chances are that you have two KS017b (columns) and one KS0108b (rows).

CS1 and CS2 control, each one, 64 columnas, via the 0108.

Manuals are clear on instructions. Google for "LCD 128x64" and go.

If yours has 20 pins, we are talking the same type of LCD.

Agustín Tomás

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back