Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

crystal osc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.man

how do i program the uC to use crystal osc. i'm using avr studio 4 and stk500?
i have a 6.144MHz crystal.

Hii,
In AVR microcontrollers, you have to set the fuse while programming the uc for enabling it to use external crystal (otherwise it will use internal 1Mhz crystal by default).

The Fuse LowByte is having 4 bits (CKSEL3..CKSEL0) for selecting the clock source, which can be set to to match your application. (check the 'memory programming' section of the datasheet of the AVR uc which you are using)

In AVR Studio, select the programming dialog for STK500, there you'll find FUSE tab. In that page, at SUT_CKSEL label, you can select the option you want for the external clock source

---------
Design with Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back