Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CRT TV problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark666

Hi to all.
I'm repairing an old CRT Sony TV.
The TV lost the color and some tuning frequencies.
I removed the tuner, crackit open and resoldered the components inside, placed the tuner on its place and now the lost frequencies are working.
For the color I resoldered the IC that controls the RGB, also resolderes the 3 transistors that regulate the RGB. Color is working again.

Now I have a problem, the TV is working fine, there is just a very small and thin gray ghosting vertical line on the left side of the screen.

I resoldered the Flyback and tried to adjust the screen position, and the bright levels, the line just wont go away.
Its a very small line that you only see when you are very close to the TV.

Could it be that the CRT Tube is dying?

Thanks

Trinitron?

hello,

Is it a Trinitron tube?

Its just that I remember a tv engineer mate once pointing out to me that all Trinitron tubes above a certain size had 3 vertical taut wires just behind the phosphor screen (something to do with holding the mesh right) and that on some sets these were more visible than others especially under certain picture conditions.

I didn't believe him at first until I started looking at them in shops and could see the wires on maybe 50% if you looked hard.

These lines are always 1/4 - 1/2 and 3/4 across the screen and you only notice them if you get close (as you would when repairing) and sometimes you only see one of them or a part of one.

Hope this helps...........Al

It is a Trinitron tube.
If that was the case should I see the 3 wires? Because I only see one line.
"Trinitron tubes above a certain size" the TV is 55Cm in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back