Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CRT Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overclocked

I have a a transformer from a Color CRT. I have found the HV lead (its easy, its the red cup lol) but I think I have found the driver for the HV lead. On the ohm meter it reads .5M (500K) According to this page:https://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_flytest.html#FLYTEST_014
The driver for the HV has the greatest ohms. Ive tested all others, and they either read less than 1 ohm, or I get a reading, goes to zero then OL (overload). Is this correct? Im wondering if I can power it with a 555 Timer (along with a big transistor)

The other problem is, I cant seem to find HV Return. There are also wires coming from it. The HV lead (the cuo thing) 2 other red wires and one white wire. Im guessing these are focus and screen.

LOPTX's work by being tuned, you need to provide the correct tuning and just a simple high voltage pulse to make it ring - I would suggest you copy the circuit from the TV, and get all the tuning components from there as well, including the scan coils!.

Usually they are powered from 110V to 150V depending on their size!.

The three wires are:

1) Final anode (25KV)
2) Focus anode (variable - about 6KV)
3) First anode (variable - about 600V)

All the other connections are on the bottom of the transformer, you can't read from the three leads because of the internal rectifiers in the transformer.

I don't know what you're trying to do?, but I would suggest NOT doing it, they generate high voltages but are quite fragile, you are likely to damage either the TX or yourself!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back