Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crown LCD TV no picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

dah1965

I have a Crown LCD TV CTT3207W, when i turn it on the screen goes from black to very dark blue, if i run my finger across the screen it will glow white. i do have sound though. should i be looking at repairing the inverter.

if it goes to very dark blue it probaly is the backlight turning on. im not that good with repairing electronics but isn't the inverter for the backlight

Last edited:
Yes, and it's very common for the inverter on an LCD TV to blow out like that. If you're lucky simply replacing it may work. Repairing the dead inverter could be as simple as replacing the electrolytic capacitors on the board. It does seem a little odd that the screen is glowing white when you touch it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back