Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crouzet TMR48L Timer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaalll7

Hello All,

I've put together what I thought was a fairly simple circuit using two Crouzet TMR48L timers.

**broken link removed**

The motors in the diagram attached are fans, the timers are both used in asymmetric mode to creates the following sequence:

Left Timer starts in ON state - this triggers left fan ON and also powers up the Right Timer
Right Timer starts in OFF state for a short period, then switches to ON state, before returning to the OFF state.
Left Timer then goes to OFF state and everything goes OFF and the cycle begins again.

Left Timer ON period is = to Right Timer OFF + Right Timer ON + Right Timer OFF (minus a bit)

The idea being that the second fan kicks in after a delay and then shuts down before the first fan stops.

Here's the circuit:

TMR48L circuit2.png

What's happening is strange, the Left Timer seems to be behaving properly, the Right Timer OFF period seems to be stuck in the seconds setting (I'm trying to use the minute setting for everything). I've turned it off and reset numerous times but to no avail.

Is it my circuit or does this sound like the timer is dodgy?

Unfortunately I don't have a spare to test. The TMR48L also doesn't seem very accurate (one of the dials on the seemingly working one doesn't cover the full range).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a digital (or alternative analogue) timer that would do this job properly?

Thanks in advance!

Are the fans AC or DC? What voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back