Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cross-Coupled Nor Gate Cell and Cross-Coupled Nand Gate Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, you have to understand how the NAND gate works. When both inputs are positive (high), the output is low. When either input is low, the output is high. In the diagram below, if both A in and B in are low, both outputs will be high. That is not a useful state. If both inputs are high, then A out and B out cannot both be high and both outputs cannot be low either. So, one has to be high and the other low. You don't know which is which unless you force it by taking either A or B low, then you know which output is high. OK?

Attachments

• FLIP-FLOP.jpg
    FLIP-FLOP.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 491
what if Aout is Q(bar) and Aout is Q?
Does the ouput depends on the input coming from Aout also?
Pls advise.
Thanks.

thank you guys for the lecture!!! this is just what i need!

i registered here as a token of my appreciation coz
the forum helped alot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back