Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crosley Director model Radio/Phono/CD Recorder Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

banjomanaic

IMG_0244.JPG
I have this Crosley Radio and it has power, when I first got it home I powered it on and the radio played just fine so I powered it off, left it plugged in and about an hour later I tried it again and it appears to work but no sound, I hit the function to CD and play a CD and it shows the track and progress, I hear it working and the display shows it playing and all but no sound. Also, the phono part doesn't seem to spin or do anything. I opened it up and see a resistor that might be burned right by a power transistor or similar part but figured I get an opinion so I attached a pic...

Thanks, banjomaniac

Um, phono? What's that?? Oh, an old record player?

"When I first got it home ...". From a museum? From the garbage dump?

An output transistor (on the heatsink) might be shorted or a defective capacitor might show its top bulging. If the output that feeds a speaker was shorted then damage occurred.

That's one on me! I didn't know Crosley "did" 'solid state' ?!

FWIW I concur with the previous poster... :)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back