Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crimp Terminals -Whats the best way

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytower

Banned
I have these crimp on terminals ,red and blue and yellow styles.
I have a double crimp tool . It crimps a vertical bar across the terminal and the opposite side has a sort of tapered swage type effect.
So which way round is right ?

With the vertical bar across the wire crimp, the tapered bit gets the plastic crimp around the cable

With the crimpers the other way the tapered bit gets the wire crimp and the bar goes acros the wire insulated cable

Both seem to work but they must be designed to go one way or the other and at this stage I am thinking the second way might be best to indent the wires insulation and grip on to it

Anyone know?

Any way that gets a good friction bond to the wire is right.. Even most crimp terminals I tend to solder, I never liked trusting purely mechanical joints if I could help it.

creakndale - that was exactly right -Thanks

For anyone reading - the flat bar side crimps the wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back