Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creston power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

almadhoub

Hello all, I am in Qatar working on a yacht with multiple Crestron AV system controls for each room. Found one of the power lead transformers which converts our 110V to 24V to be faulty. The light on the power unit itself pulses and I get a reading of 16V to 20V volts oscillating at the outlet when plugged in. I cracked it open as trying to find one here is impossible and ordering one will take time. Upon inspection I found a KBP06 single phase silicon bridge rectifier that looked a bit cooked. Does anyone know of any standard faults with these type of transformers and or does this sound as though it could be a problem. Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers

Your rectifier bridge is probably done. Is there also a filter capacitor? If so, you should replace it too.

Crestron is known for reliability when it comes to power issues as compared to the quirky AMX products. But that's not to say a transformer cannot fail at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back