Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creative live 5.1 problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassus

Hi, I have a creative sb live 5.1 and the problem is that it does not work anymore....winXP detects it but when i try to install the driver the computer hangs or restarts....(it used to restart without making any thing)

i've excluded the driver problem...and the compatibility problem....
the only thing that i can think now is that is a hardware problem...but i dont have any clue on what part it could be...

so please help me...

hi,

try downloading the latest driver for ur soundcard from the brand site
and verify the O/s system.

if it doesnt work try any diagnostic test for ur hardware

I think the probleme could be that the soundcard is requesteing an IRQ that is altready been used by some thing else...

why not call for the support line ??

i've said that is not a driver and a OS problem ....and the support line it does not work for me..
so ... i need other ideas

have you had any hardware related problems before? like certain hardware just didn't work? if not i don't reckon there's a problem with your hardware.

Josh.

no conflicts no hardware problems ...
all started when i moved my computer to my other house...everything was ok before i moved it ....(for the record....i did not hit or drop the computer)

nassus said:
no conflicts no hardware problems ...
all started when i moved my computer to my other house...everything was ok before i moved it ....(for the record....i did not hit or drop the computer)

As with any fault finding, you need to break it down to find out where the problem lies - to do this you need to either try your sound card in another computer, or try another sound card (preferably an identical one) in your computer.

So far you seem to have very little reason for suspecting the sound card, apart from the computer works if you remove it - this could well be very misleading!.

now i have all reason to belive that is the sound card..
and now i dont know how to find out the problem... :(

nassus said:
now i have all reason to belive that is the sound card..
and now i dont know how to find out the problem... :(

Read my answer above, that tells you how to start finding your problem!.

You need to PROVE it's the sound card, not just imagine it is!.

i've tested the sound card on 5 computers and it's behaveing the same...
i've put another sound card on my computer and it's working fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back