Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creative DTT3500 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlord_1011

Hi all,

a few months ago the Digital capability on my Creative DTT3500 amplifier ceased to work, no matter what i did the digital "decoder" was damaged. After some searching on the Internet I came across this mod:

**broken link removed**

The modification "hard Wires" the Center and Woofer channels into the analog amp via a relay (so it can switch between analog signals) these channels work now this was great, as now i have my PC on a 5.1 setup analog into my amp, Instead of the 4 analog channels the Amplifier originally had (two front, two rear).

however there is now a scary issue with the amp.

The problem is the Front and Rear Channel what were not touched in the modification at all have a random popping coming from the 2 front channels and the 2 rear channels as well. It varies between channels and is rather scary.

By the way i am using B&W 601 S3's (DPM Limited Edition) for the front left and Right channels what work GREAT, however obviously as the 601's are now discontinued and as they are Limited Edition i dont really want to damage them.

It lasts approximately half an hour if i turn the volume down to its minimum, however turning the amp up stops the popping after about 10 minutes, however i do not wish to damage my speakers.
I Know it is not the speakers or PC at fault as even if i unplug all inputs into the amp, i still get a popping no matter what input i switch the amp to.

I know its long but can anyone help?, i cant really afford a new amplifier either....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back