Creative DTT3500 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlord_1011

Hi all,

a few months ago the Digital capability on my Creative DTT3500 amplifier ceased to work, no matter what i did the digital "decoder" was damaged. After some searching on the Internet I came across this mod:

**broken link removed**

The modification "hard Wires" the Center and Woofer channels into the analog amp via a relay (so it can switch between analog signals) these channels work now this was great, as now i have my PC on a 5.1 setup analog into my amp, Instead of the 4 analog channels the Amplifier originally had (two front, two rear).

however there is now a scary issue with the amp.

The problem is the Front and Rear Channel what were not touched in the modification at all have a random popping coming from the 2 front channels and the 2 rear channels as well. It varies between channels and is rather scary.

By the way i am using B&W 601 S3's (DPM Limited Edition) for the front left and Right channels what work GREAT, however obviously as the 601's are now discontinued and as they are Limited Edition i dont really want to damage them.

It lasts approximately half an hour if i turn the volume down to its minimum, however turning the amp up stops the popping after about 10 minutes, however i do not wish to damage my speakers.
I Know it is not the speakers or PC at fault as even if i unplug all inputs into the amp, i still get a popping no matter what input i switch the amp to.

I know its long but can anyone help?, i cant really afford a new amplifier either....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…