Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creative A520 Speaker, burnt power supply in lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you one of the kids on my street who go to school on their electric skateboard with a pretty-good-sounding sound system in their backpack?
:D:D I guess you mean't it in a jocular fashion :p. Would love to be that kid though. I am a guy in his mid-thirties (well close to...) without much tummy (hopefully) and a couple of grey hairs (alas!!). Also I am from one of the most cricket loving nations in the world:cool:.

P.S.: Its in Asia ;).

Just out of curiosity, how come you had that assumption :joyful:

Last edited:
Capacitor c8

Attachments

• IMG_20200319_092539.jpg
    IMG_20200319_092539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 237
When I was younger I never had a skateboard but instead I had the best sounding sound system at the beach.
I used a bookshelf speaker that has a long-throw 4" woofer then removed its tweeter and replaced it with a port calculated for the woofer to produce pretty good bass. Then I used two 2" satellite speakers.
I designed and made an active crossover circuit and made a bridged 5W class-AB amplifier for the woofer and the same IC number as a stereo 1.5W per channel amplifier for the satellite speakers. The signal source was a compact cassette recorder/player that I souped up.

When I was younger I never had a skateboard but instead I had the best sounding sound system at the beach.
I used a bookshelf speaker that has a long-throw 4" woofer then removed its tweeter and replaced it with a port calculated for the woofer to produce pretty good bass. Then I used two 2" satellite speakers.
I designed and made an active crossover circuit and made a bridged 5W class-AB amplifier for the woofer and the same IC number as a stereo 1.5W per channel amplifier for the satellite speakers. The signal source was a compact cassette recorder/player that I souped up.
sabes que valores tiene el condensador C8 de la fuente de alimentación

Attachments

• IMG_20200319_092539.jpg
    IMG_20200319_092539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 191
We do not speak French here but Google translated it to say what you asked in your last posts.
Nobody knows the value of your C8 unless they have one to see.
Do you know the size of the tires on my car without knowing its make and model?

What can I say?.
You could say that Google Translate was having a bad hair day if it thought the post was in French :D

Who me? Yes, I am a Canadian but not a French one. 20% of Canadians always speak French but I hardly ever see them and I never speak French.
Yes, it was me having a bad hair day. Today Google translate says the question was in Spanish, not French.

.... as the thread title suggests, but see post #46.

Creative Technology is a company in The Republic Of Singapore. Their products are inexpensive then technical repair manuals might not be available.

i've seen a very similar power supply (almost identical in fact) in some subwoofers, and if i remember correctly the glass diode is an 18V zener. it was in a Boston Acoustic subwoofer, and the 18V zener being shorted was the most common problem with those subwoofers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back