Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating an "E-book" for yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

Hi,

I'd like to better organize the stuff I learn at work.
I wish to have an online document ("E-book") with table of content that comprises links for each topic I open, that will allow me to both comfortably edit it and read it as well on a daily basis.

Are you familiar with such thing?

Thanks!

Although I don't use a lot of the features of Microsoft word, I think the option is there:

See: https://ryallon.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-make-clickable-table-of-contents.html

I also haven't played with converting documents to Acrobat from a Word document with a table of contents, but I have added a table of contents to an Acrobat document.

You can use the full version of Acrobat and add Sticky notes to an Acrobat file and then possibly update the original Word document.

When using a word document, you would want to avoid inadvertant changes.

Hi,
thank you!

I don't want to have to convert the word document to an Acrobat document every time I edit it, since i'm gonna read / edit the document on a daily basis.

The problem in Word is that say I write topic A in page 10, and topic B in page 13, and then I add further notes for topic A.
In this situation, I'll need to manually move topic B to begin in the beginning of a new page and not in the middle of it.

The problem in Word is that say I write topic A in page 10, and topic B in page 13, and then I add further notes for topic A.
In this situation, I'll need to manually move topic B to begin in the beginning of a new page and not in the middle of it.

You do know that it is possible to force page breaks?
So that if you add to topic A and it expands into page 13, then topic B will automaticall start on page 14.

Typing <Control><Enter> inserts the page break.

JimB

Word to Acrobat? Or Acrobat only?

At work, I "print" all my reports (from Word) with Acrobat. They are always one "chapter" printed at once.

In the very very few cases I needed updates to the different "chapters" of a document I preferred to keep them all separate.

That way I have to "reprint" the modified chapter only.

Moreover, for my reports if the addition does not alter the length of a certain page, I just "reprint" that page and replace the old with the fresh one in the .pdf document with Acrobat. Maybe this is closer to what you want to do.

I am so used to it that I do it quite fast.

But from your post you seem interested in updating the TOC inside Acrobat. (?)

Edit/
I have little time because a ferry is sailing in two hours.

Went to Acrobat (old 6.0) and there are the "Comments" that you could insert in a page left blank on purpose. I think there is a chance that each note could convey an hyperlink. Not sure.
/Edit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back