Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a high frequency, low voltage, high current square wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm wanting to to create a square wave in the 1kHz-100kHz range with a voltage around 6v peak to peak (give or take a bit, but I want it to go positive and negative) and supply 20A+ for an inductive load.

An h-bridge seems to be an option though I'm having difficulty finding one. I'm looking for suggestions of either specific IC's such an h-bridge or a circuit that could be built and perhaps some wise words to go along with it. I'll like to be able to control it using a microcontroller that can produce a signals such PWM.

Last edited:
Have you checked out any robotics forums? Sounds like the sort of thing they'd be playing with for motor control.

Have you checked out any robotics forums? Sounds like the sort of thing they'd be playing with for motor control.
Not yet, but I have considered using a motor controller. I'd like to create something more 'dedicated', my goal is to to essentially create a triangle current wave in an inductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back