Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Create Orcad Library from Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noggin

Is there any way to generate an Orcad library based on information in a spreadsheet? There is an export/import properties command that I tried to use, but it wouldn't let me add new parts.

I'm finding Orcad to be quite unfriendly as compared to PowerPCB :(

In case someone has this same question later....

After scouring google and forums for a few days, I've come to the conclusion that there is no way to import a library to Orcad and there are no publicly available library managers. The best solution (for me) appears to be that I have to create a basic part (such as an 0805 resistor) with blank fields that I want to populate. I then use a macro to autopopulate all of the data.

The macro program I selected is called AutoHotKey. Its freeware and easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back