Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crazy rooms!!!

Who has a crazy room

• I have a reguler room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a laid back room

• I have a hardcore room

• I have a sci fi like room

• My room is my lab!!!!!!!

• I live in a dumpster so I wouldn't know!!!!!!!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboticinfo

How many of you guys have a crazy room like something out of a star trek or elec; Anyone have a crazy room or something similer?

In my room I have a dark blue walls and a celing and have all glass and metal and have hardwood floor but if it was up to me it would be in metal.

I have luminglas and plasma globes scaterd around the room, I have a couch and a automatic door and a motorized lazy suzan for the tv. I have a stainless steel mini fridge. I have a retro chaise and automatic blinds that I made and a remote that controls all the lights.

I bought the remote and light switch module at www.x10.com and it also controls the mouse of a computer.
And a mini lcd roughly 6 inches for the control panel.

And the heart of the room the L desk which is glass and metal.

I guess it is between startrek and lost in space.

Very nice Dr.EM, very nice...

Something's missing though.

Here :

Attachments

• strat_front_lo.jpg
    strat_front_lo.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 435
While we're on the subject of music?, for those of you in the UK, my daughter's band are on TV this coming Sunday 25th September. It's on Sky One at 22:00, the program is called "Hoodies Attack", if you want to hear the song they are playing it's at **broken link removed**.

Interestingly, my daughter Melissa plays guitar (and sings) on this song, whereas she's normally the bass player (and a very good one!). However, Melissa wrote this song and the guitarist couldn't play it :lol:

Nigel Goodwin said:
While we're on the subject of music?, for those of you in the UK, my daughter's band are on TV this coming Sunday 25th September. It's on Sky One at 22:00, the program is called "Hoodies Attack", if you want to hear the song they are playing it's at **broken link removed**.

Interestingly, my daughter Melissa plays guitar (and sings) on this song, whereas she's normally the bass player (and a very good one!). However, Melissa wrote this song and the guitarist couldn't play it :lol:

Nigel, your daughter has a very, very nice voice! That song reminds me a bit of a band called "Veruca Salt" that had a short success in the US in the mid-90s. I think they were Brit.

Joel Rainville said:
Nigel, your daughter has a very, very nice voice! That song reminds me a bit of a band called "Veruca Salt" that had a short success in the US in the mid-90s. I think they were Brit.

Thank you Joel :lol:

I've never heard of "Veruca Salt", so I did a quick google (as you do!), they are actually from Chicago - so 'not quite' a Brit band. They also appear to be fairly active still, with an Australian tour in 2005.

Nigel Goodwin said:

Wow, her voice is pretty good. I like that song! I would love to watch that show (25th of September is my birthday!) but I don't have Sky one (maybe I could download that show somewhere...) :cry:

Wow dr. Em - I love ur little setup - well cool!
Unfortunately I'm still doing an Apprenticeship so £ is scarce, but I'm gradually building up something similar. Right now I've got a Studiologic 990 Pro, (sumthin like that - it's got weighted/graded piano keys cos I'm into my piano) & a little Behringer desk & a couple of guitars (1 Washburn Acoustic & an Ibanez RX series electric). I've got a Marshall condeser mic & a couple of SM58s. I've got some little Roland (Edirol) Monitors, and My PC / soundcard / software does most of the rest of the work. Would like to get a nice Roland synth like yours, but I'm more into acoustic recordings & "real" sounds, although I'd like to get into synths. (Not literally - they're not big enough) Anyway, this is starting to sound like a Music Tech Forum.

Bedroom-wise, mines pretty normal - I've made some of the furniture myself. My walls are green ish... (I think) & most ly wooden. (pine) furniture. I've got it pretty cluttered with my music gear & electronics stuff, so the Mrs isn't too happy! I'm currently building a work bench for all my new electronics gear & tools. (It was my 21st last week - so I've got a bit of cash to start getting it all together now.) I will post a pic of it when I've finished.

regards,

Mike

P.S. The song is pretty cool. How old is your daughter. She does have a nice voice. I like the lyrics best. Needless to say I've thrown out my pin stripes...

regards,

Mike

I agree, that is a very good recording. Nice to hear somebody that knew what they were doing on the final mix, bringing out the talent. It comes through with very well placed levels, very professional, congratulations to all involved.

Dr.EM said:
Yeah, I agree, thats really a very good voice. Who did the recording, its better than a lot of band recordings i've heard :D

It was recorded at Donut Studios in Chesterfield, it's actually recorded onto A-Dat, three 8 track A-Dat machines make it a 24 track digital studio.

This isn't as expensive as it sounds! - Donut Studios is part of the local Councils Youth Service, and their rates for youngsters are VERY! reasonable. Melissa is currently there three times a week, Wednesday night she's doing an OCN Sound Engineering Course, Thursday night she goes to 'Jammy Donuts' (a night where people not in bands can get together and play - Melissa's there basically to at least have someone who can play!), and Saturday when Easily Amused practice there.

Melissa has just turned 15, Becky is coming up for 16, and I think Laura is 15 as well?.

The picture is Becky and Melissa in the vocal booth while recording the song.

There's more pictures and tracks to download on their website at **broken link removed**.

Attachments

• hoodie_booth3.jpg
    hoodie_booth3.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 399
I played the drums for 14 years and played 26 different insterments.

The reason I went into electronics was because music.

I have been playing drums for 14 years and any drum move out there I could do and any song that has a drum beat I could do. So I was not being challenged so I got into electronics now at the time I was still playing drums and other insterments but then a year or two after I quit and deticated my life to elecronics.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:38 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am 16

So you started playing at 2 years old! That's prett damned impressive. I'd be struggling to think of 26 different instruments! You must be one hell of a talented chap.

Mike

roboticmisinfo said:
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:38 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am 16

So you started playing at 2 years old! That's prett damned impressive. I'd be struggling to think of 26 different instruments! You must be one hell of a talented chap.

Mike

Actuall it was 13 yearsmy mistake , I was three and that is when I got my first drum set and when I played it I knew the basic drum beat and knew how to roll two months later.

I've got a very regular room. I've got nothing fancy in my room except a computer and a elec. guitar.

P.S. Nigel your daughter has very nice voice, and I liked the script too. Can you send me the script and the chord? I would like to play that song.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back