Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crazy Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane2oo2

Hey guys,
somebody recently sent me a link to this circuit
**broken link removed**

It has got me intrigued.

They said to work, the circuit needed to run (be switched) in resonance, so as to reduce impedance.
Also the resistors need to be non linear type so as when the back emf flows they have very low resistance.

They say the extra energy comes from the permanent magnet and its changing field.

Can somebody explain why this wont work? I know its got to be a simple reason but i cant for the life of me see it.

Thanks
Kane

All electrical circuits and mechanical systems have losses. Which means some part of the applied energy is always wasted - as heat or friction.

The circuit in the link will have not only the normal "copper losses" in the windings but there is the additional deliberately introduced loss in the two resistors. ("Load" resistors? Crazy. The accumulator would be the load.)

Energy is taken from the accumulator when the switches are closed. Some of that energy is lost as heat.

In order to charge the battery you must replace not the amount of energy extracted, but a bit more than that to allow for the (less than 100%) conversion efficiency when charging.

So there are three easily identifiable losses. The copper losses, that in the two resistors and that in the charging process itself.

In a word - impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back