Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

couple questions...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokedmaro

1: I have a QT110 touch IC that does not supply enough current to drive the relay I intended to use. There must be a component that would detect a lesser input (Touch IC) and be able to output a higher current....Help!

2: I have an analog adjustable solder station but I'm looking for something with quick swap tips and more accessories. (mines an off brand) Whats a good mid-high range station? Would like to try surfance mount components and such.

3: Are there any good prebuilt or projects for a tiny wireless setup. Something simular to key chains with 4 channels that control 4 relays (dont really want key chains but something that operates the same)

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

Re #1:

What is the voltage and coil resistance of your relay? The QT110 has an active low output that can sink 4mA. Likely all you need is to add one resistor, PNP transistor, and a diode to the circuit.

Ken

Wireless setup

If you search on ebay for 4 channel remote. i found a small wireless set, 4 push button remote, and 4 relays on the reciever, the remote is a key chain but can easily be redone with transisters or sometype of switch. i got the set for about 17 dollars
they have every thing from just the remote and receiver board, and anything from 1 to 12 channels. just do alittle searching around to find what you need

Re #1:

What is the voltage and coil resistance of your relay? The QT110 has an active low output that can sink 4mA. Likely all you need is to add one resistor, PNP transistor, and a diode to the circuit.

Ken

The relay(s) Im trying to energize are Omron G5V-2-H's. They are 5vdc with 70 ohm coils. Don't laugh...I actually had this working on a breadboard with one relay but later on needed 2...The only way I could get it working was to add a 3rd relay that allowed a seperate 5vdc regulator to power the other other 2. Once I put it on a pcb however it would not longer work and I only read about 2vdc at the relay when the QT110 is active. So, I guess I would be able to energize the 2 relays I actually need with a transistor like you mentioned and get rid of the 3rd relay all together.

It would be really helpful if someone could walk me through the calculations necessary....would help me understand for further projects. THANKS!!

A 2N7000 might do the trick. Pulling its Gate high will turn it on and it can drive the G5V no problem (don't forget to put a diode on the relay coil)

Reynolds Electronics has RF kits, for example this link is to a kit with the receiver and transmitter modules as well as encoder and decoder chips. I don't know if they are as small as you are looking for.

blueroomelectronics...the QT110 has an active low output. You would need the p-channel equivalent of the 2N7000 to have a touch turn on the relays. It would work, if it were OK to have the relays normally on, and turn off when touched.

I had a circuit with a common PNP drawn...so:

Ken

Attachments

• QT110 Relay Driver.gif
    QT110 Relay Driver.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back