Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

couple of questions ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

coppermouse

I must support an HC11 based product.
It uses the Avocet compiler which is DOS based, is there a newer Windows based compiler/IDE I could use which is free?
Where can I find a C editor (one that changes color for comments and matches brackets etc..
Is there a Windows Grep program available

GCC for HC11/12 is free: GNU Development Chain for 68HC11&68HC12

Code::Blocks is an IDE for C/C++, and can integrate with GCC (above)
Programmer's Notepad is another option (not as fancy IMO)

BareGrep is a windows grep program. If you want a commandline grep program for windows, there're a few available. Search for "windows grep"

Hey thanks a lot for the information!
What would be involved in porting it over from Avocet, I am not an expert, I know enough to get by.

What would be involved in porting it over from Avocet
Any standard C will work without modification; any Avocet-specific keywords/syntax (if any) will need changing. You may need to change the header file names also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back