Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Couple of questions before starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm slowly getting the bit together to start an LED Tail light project. I'm only playing around with the idea at the moment but want to get a good proof of concept set up.

I've got some vero/strip board that I'm going to mount the LEDs on and I'm happy with the resistors and diodes that I've got (been planning on and off for a few years).

Anyhow, I'm board at work so thought I'd look at more elaborate designs than LEDs in a straight line. And what I'm now stuck with, is how to jump the power feed from 1 strip to another, or across multiple strips.

Does anyone have information or links that could assist me?

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

Have a look at Nigel's tutorial hardware in reference to using stripboard. Although not exactly the perfect example for your LED project, I think the board in the link below best illustrates a stripboard layout, since the top and bottom view images are mirrored.

In the past, I drew up a stripboard image that I could print out copies of and draw layouts on, but I can't find it at the moment.

The link below shows something similar though.

**broken link removed**

HTH.

Thanks for the links.

So I can just use pretty much any wire I want as long as it fits through the holes of the stripboard.

Also, could someone explain what Track pins are for?

Thanks again,
Ant

Last edited:
If you need to make nice veroboards you can downloud LochMaster 3.0 from Abacom. I always use it and it is pretty simple to use. They also have a free downloud demo version.

I'm confident in how I'm going to put my board together. I've been drawing out different variations the old fashioned way for last part of this week using excel template print outs and a pencil.

I think on one of the links above the guy used cat 5 cable (phone/network/patch cable) so I'm gonna rip apart an extension cable and network cable when I get home and see how they fair up for usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back