Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counters and Timers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanya

Hi Guys,

I was given this project at school that uses the 555timer, 7490 counter chip, 7448 BCD decoder and the common cathode seven segement display. After all the connections on the bread board... my output was just the digit 8 but this was not the desired output which is a display of digits 0-9.

Please if anyone has done a project using timers and counters, can you help me out here.

Thanks.

Have you searched this forum for "counter" or "timer".

There have been plenty posted in the past. Study those and then ask more questions if you need to.

On 7448, besides connecting pin 1,2,6 & 7 to 7490, you'll need to connect pins 3,4 and 5 to +5V too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back