Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

counter types

Status
Not open for further replies.

4electros

I need some tutorial about counters types and how they work.Cause i need very special counter that will count every pulse I send ,at different periods and when it reaches a given number of pulses , will send an ouput pulse to run another circuit.

Type 1. Asyncronous ripple counter. These counters change state one stage at a time. When the clock pulse enters the first stage it propagates or "ripples" from stage to stage until it gets to the end. Decoding counter states is unreliable since there are intermediate values inbetween valid states.

Type 2. Syncronous Counter. All stages change state on the clock edge.

Counters also come in BCD and Bianry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back