Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counter Circuit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool4uall

Hey Guyz, I need to make a system that counts object as they are passed on passing belt. I have a IR Source and IR detector and then I need a counter which counts and connect to it. Can someone help me with this one?. Its urgent and a school preject.Thanks.

MC14553B is not available anywhere. Is there any equivalent counter for that? I tried on Google, I don't get anything. Can you help me out? Thanks.

btw What about 4-digit counter instead of 3-digit?

You could use the 74c926 counter from Fairchild. It's a 4-digit multiplexed counter chip which uses common-cathode led displays. You can cascade the '926 if you need more than 4 digits. It's still in production and available from Digikey, Jameco, Mouser, etc.
Here's a data sheet link: https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/MM/MM74C926.pdf
The cheapest I found was Digikey at about $11US ea.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back