Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Countdown timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

clifweb

I need a countdown timer for about 20 to 10 seconds. The starting switch should be a push to make button. If the countdown could be set to different time is better and when it reaches 0 a sound will be heard to indicate that the time is up. If you could provide me with a good schematic since on Google I wasn’t able to find one?

If you don't need a readout like 20, 19, 18 etc on a screen this is very simple. As your timings don't seem to be required to be highly accurate, you can use a simple 555 timer. Adjusting one of the resistors will alter the time so you can have continuous control via a potentiometer. To make the sound, join it's output to an AND gate with another 555 as an astable at audio frequency (1khz?) to the other input. Connect the AND output to a piezo (probably quite quiet this way).

I wish that the number will be displayed so I could know how much time there is left. Since this countdown timer will be used in a quiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back