Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

countdown timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelle_mb03

hi there, can anyone give me a circuit for a countdown timer for basketball?
we have a project right now and we have to make a basketball scoreboard, i don't have enough knowledge about doing such things that's why i'm seeking for your help...
i want to make a countdown timer that is 12 minutes long and also a 24 seconds shot clock...
i'm hoping that someone will help me with this.
thank you...

hi there, can anyone give me a circuit for a countdown timer for basketball?
we have a project right now and we have to make a basketball scoreboard, i don't have enough knowledge about doing such things that's why i'm seeking for your help...
i want to make a countdown timer that is 12 minutes long and also a 24 seconds shot clock...
i'm hoping that someone will help me with this.
thank you...

we make a board for a customer that would do it... i think it is 4" LEDs but i do not know how much it goes for. digits for something of the size you probably want are cost prohibitive

i just need a simple display, i wanted to use 7 segments as the display...
thank you sir for that link, do you have the one for the 12 minutes timer?

i just need a simple display, i wanted to use 7 segments as the display...
thank you sir for that link, do you have the one for the 12 minutes timer?

the one given is a loadable counter... you just need to extend it to 3 1/5 digits and configure the load value. problem is the 1Hz oscillator is not there and if you are wanting the whole court to see it you are still looking at a very expensive proposition.

no sir, i will not use this as a real scoreboard in a court...
it's just a project that we need to do, that's why i don't need large displays...
btw, do you have the circuit for the scoreboard sir?
i have searched many circuits but i still don't know which one will work?
thank you sir for your help...

it's just a project that we need to do, that's why i don't need large displays...

hi,
Do you have the IC's shown in this link,,, 555 timer and the counter/decoder IC's.???
https://www.electro-tech-online.com...asic-3-digit-led-decade-up-down-counter1.html

the 24 second shot clock is the right circuit, it just needs to have the extra stages added, and the 10s of seconds preloaded to 6 instead of 2. the 555 seconds oscillator from Eric's circuit is fine for the input for your needs. oh and the incommoing TCD would need to be ORed with the load signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back