Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could the main fuse box for the house be bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HENERY8989

What do you think from my description of problem do you think the fuse box may be bad also.
I not sure where the problem is but I think it may be in the fuse box itself.
I checked both electrical main wires coming to fuse panel and have each has 110 volts and when checking both together I have 220 volts.
But when I check the fuse box two buzz where the fuses get there power one has 110 and the other only has like 30 volts.
But when I check them both together I get only like 40 volts.
This fuse box has given me problems before in the area of where the two fuses that go to the main well they have been not making a good connection and sometimes I have bump the outside of them to get them to seat and work right. But I think there a much bigger problem right there.
I think the whole fuse box is bad. And may be the cause for shorts that I having in my place. and other electrical problems.

Sounds like it. I had a similar problem with a fuse box in a rental house I own. I took it out and replaced it with a modern circuit breaker box, and never had another problem.

What do you think from my description of problem do you think the fuse box may be bad also.
I not sure where the problem is but I think it may be in the fuse box itself.
I checked both electrical main wires coming to fuse panel and have each has 110 volts and when checking both together I have 220 volts.
But when I check the fuse box two buzz where the fuses get there power one has 110 and the other only has like 30 volts.
But when I check them both together I get only like 40 volts.
This fuse box has given me problems before in the area of where the two fuses that go to the main well they have been not making a good connection and sometimes I have bump the outside of them to get them to seat and work right. But I think there a much bigger problem right there.
I think the whole fuse box is bad. And may be the cause for shorts that I having in my place. and other electrical problems.

What Amperage are these Main Fuses?
Is the Center Contact on them CLEAN to make good contact?

Or it may be a Mechanical Problem to the rails, such as a Loose Bolt?

Aren't fuse boxes so ancient that they should only be found in museums? Metal used in these old boxes ages, and so it might not be repairable.

Aren't fuse boxes so ancient that they should only be found in museums? Metal used in these old boxes ages, and so it might not be repairable.

Fuse Boxes are actually Much more relilable than Breaker Boxes.

The Only reason they have been replaced out by Breakers is because when a fuse would burn out, Some peope would put a Penny or piece of Aluminum Foil under the fuse, instead of properly replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back