Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could someone point me in the right direction for a PC controlled robot (wireless)

Status
Not open for further replies.

black-raven546

Me and my friend want to make a "armed" (with shitty walmart airsoft guns) PC controlled bot.

heres the concept of the final version, (spent about 10 minutes on it, will work on a detailed version later)
(about 1.5ft tall)
**broken link removed**

BUT of course we need to start "basic" and work our way up

(ill be the main design guy my friend will be the "electronics/main programming" guy we both have "some" experience in each field)

So for the start will will simply work on a tank thread base, connected to a "motherboard" that will wireless connect to a computer for the control (and then later be added on to) ,

So basically what im asking is, where can i get some help (and tutorials) for making a PC controlled two wheeled "car" so we can get a start on things.

This looks suspiciously like a Dalek...

I don't know about tutorials for making a PC-controlled robot, but if you want wireless communication with a PC there are many options. You can use a wireless network adapter in the robot to communicate with a network, or use a USB or serial-port communication device in the computer (RF, IR, Bluetooth?) and a matching device in the robot. The method you use will be dependent on a large variety of factors.

Unless it will always be in a direct line of sight, IR is out of the question; if you have a wireless network available and a processor for the robot which may be able to handle wireless network communication then this might be a good option; otherwise, bluetooth or digital radio communication methods are both feasible options.

I think bluetooth would be the best option, and i think were now going to make a small recon bot instead of a full blown "assult bot" so i wont need much bandwidth. Where could i find parts to a bluetooth kit? Im fairly new to robotics, where would be the "newegg" of robotic parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back