Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could I make my own accessories for this kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozirock

Hi,

I'm planing to get the Bioloid beginner kit which you can see here and it has a number of servos which you can see here. I'd like to know if it would be possible to make my own accessories, it says they are connected using a TTL Serial Network, I looked this up on the net and all I found was stuff to do with converting rs232 serial to other things which I dont think is related. I just want to know if it would be possible to create my own motors, servos and sensors for the robot, I just want to know before I spend.

What kind of accessories are we talking about here? RS-232 and TTL refer to the voltage levels used in the signal, not the actual protocal used.

For example, you could make a microcontroller board to control those servos and connect sensors to it so the robot can move around and act on it's own.

Last edited:
That would actually be perfect if I could use a PIC to control the servos. I had been just thinking of controlling other motors and servos from the control unit but if I can make my own control unit then I can add any motor or sensor I want to it.

Thats better than what I had wanted to know :) Thanks dknguyen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back