Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could I get away with this? (8051 + AM29F010B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

A few days after purchasing my intel 8051 chip and the AM29F010B (flash rom) chip, I discovered that the 8051 has 4KB of internal memory. BUT I still want to program the AM29F010B.

Would it be more practical for me to make a programmer for the 8051 and write a program to the 8051 that helps me program the flash rom?

and would the PCB routing be less complex?

The point is that I want to see the FLASH loaded with whatever data I want in it, but since it follows JEDEC standards, it is kind of hard to do it using discrete chips.

And I want to use the flash rom as well because then I can have 2 programs that are 64KB each as opposed to one program that is 4KB each. and why can I have 2 programs? because the flash rom has one more addressing bit than the 8051, and all I have to do is send a continuous 1, or a continuous 0 to bit 17 (MSB?).

I'll try to figure this out, but if anyone can give me an answer, I will be willing to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back